RAWALPINDI: Director-General (DG) Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Major-General Babar Iftikhar on Saturday morning said that Indian troops had resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC) during last 24 hours using artillery and heavy mortars.
The incidents took place in Sharda, Dhudnial and Shahkot Sectors along the LOC and the Indian troops deliberately targeted the civilian population in the area, the DG ISPR said.
“Due to Indian Army’s indiscriminate fire of heavy weapons at Bessan Wali and Chhari villages, four innocent civilians, including a 15 year-old girl, sustained serious injuries,” he added.
“Pakistan Army troops responded effectively with matching calibre, and targeted those Indian Army posts which initiated fire,” he said.
According to the ISPR, the Indian Army has so far this year committed 708 ceasefire violations along the LoC in which 2 Pakistanis have embraced martyrdom while another 42 have sustained injuries.